Windows Modern UI has introduced the very new style of Message box (Alert box) in it Windows 8 Operating System.
Inspired from this Modern UI message box, I have customized our GenieAlert to present the same style of Alert window.
Please refer to the GenieAlert for the instructions to install it in your web applications.
Click here to view the demo of the GenieAlert Win8.
There a lot of Web Service implementations available in market. The most widely used among them is the Axis way of implementation. There are a lot of Examples available in the web to create expose, consume the Web services using the Axis packages. But it is not feasible to work get the Axis complete packages inside corporate offices all of a sudden and yes I faced the same situation.
After some investment of time I found some funky stuff in web to create a Web Service with just a couple of jars in hand and off-course with the help of Eclipse.
- Eclipse, any version should be ok, but I was using the Eclipse Indigo with Ant installed in it.
- The set of jars needed. Jars are included in the Project sample.
- The sample web.xml, server-config.wsdd (These will be used later in the development steps).
Steps to develop Web Services:
- Create a Dynamic Web Project “SampleWebService” in Eclipse.
- Place the above said jars in the WEB-INF/jars folder.
- Open the Web.xml file and copy the following contents into it somewhere between tags. These contents are available in the sample attached.
<display-name>Axis Admin Servlet</display-name>
- Copy the server-config.wsdd next to web.xml file. We will reuse this file once again after complete the business logic of the server.
- Now the basic configurations are complete, we have to develop the business logic for the Web Service. In my example I have taken the Old school Calculator sample.
Click here to go to the next Part of this article.
In thie example, there was a need to add a row of three Text boxes, select box to be added dynamically to a page on a button click. Validation has to be done to the dynamically added rows.
Design & Usage:
The design of the sample goes like this.
There will be a container to hold the control items, like button to add the component, field to hold the counter. Following the control box an empty container to hold the dynamically added components. Another container just below this, to hold the contents that has to be created dynamically. The contents has to be formulated carefully with the layouts and identifications. To achive the easier identificaiton of the elements inside the components an auto generated ‘ID’ is added to all the elements on the go. To achive this a delimiter is added to all the elements. Here the delimiter used is “ADDIDHERE”. This will be replaced by the counter variable on the go.
View Sample page.